Monday 14 November 2011

20 Songs That Changed My World

So I have decided to right this entry because I feel that it will be interesting for people to get to know me a bit better and maybe you can understand my musical preferences. I hope you enjoy.


Bon Jovi – It’s My Life

Linkin Park Hybrid Theory
Where? On my way to one of my first major swimming competitions on the radio.
Why? This song eased me into liking rock

Linkin Park – In the End
Where? On Kerrang
Why? This introduced me to Linkin Park and the “Nu Metal” scene

P.O.D – Youth of the Nation
Where? After listening to “Alive” I heard this song straight after
Why? Instantly loved the lyrics and what it stood for.

Staind – It’s a Been While
Where? On a compilation album called “Supercharged”.
Why?
This  introduced me to the more depressing side of alternative rock.

Devotchka How it Ends Cover

Blue October – Hate Me
Where? First heard this song on VH1 music channel.
Why?
Was played countless times on my IPod when I was going through a bad time.

Devotchka – How It Ends
Where? Gears of War 2 Advert.
Why?
Such a cold and harrowing voice, yet such a beautiful song.

Mazzy Star – Into Dust
Where? On the “O.C”.
Why?
 Such a chilled out song with so much power.


Limp Bizkit – Rollin

Slipknot My Plague

Where? The Undertaker’s theme music (WWE).
Why? Just a badass tune, which changed my perception on rock music.

Slipknot – My Curse
Where? Resident Evil Soundtrack.
Why? Introduced me to slipknot and my love of metal music began.

Celldweller – Frozen
Where? Constantine Soundtrack.
Why? Mental amounts of Synths and just an awesome song.

The Used – Im A Fake
Where? The Used’s Album.
Why? Changed my mind about screamy music and how deep it can really go!

DMX – Slippin
Where? Found while randomly downloading music of DMX’s.
Why? A really touching slow melody with a memorable voice.
The Used - Im A Fake Cover

Lisa Gerrard – Creasy is dead
Where? At the end of one of my all time favourite films, Man On Fire
Why? Beauitful voice, beautiful song.

Nine Inch Nails – The Mark Has Been Made
Where? Also on “Man On Fire
Why? Such an edgy song with some good guitar work 


Combichrist – Shut up and Bleed
Where? The Collector (2009 Film)
Why? Such a hard industrial track which screams murder, such a fitting song for the film.


Combichrist Album Cover

Rammstein – Feuer Frei
Where? xXx Soundtrack
Why? Another badass song with some badass instrument work.

Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
Where? Grew up with this song being my dad’s favourite band
Why? One of the first songs I was introduced to in music. There is nothing to dislike.

Yellowcard – View from Heaven

Where? Listened to it on a CD I bought by chance, and is now one of my favourite albums.
Why? Lovely song, with a great message and brilliant singing, really catchy.
 
A - Nothing Cover

A – Nothing
Where? Also heard this on the “Supercharged” album
Why? Some good screamy music, awesome song, awesome vocals

Stone Sour – 30/30/150
Where? Learnt that Corey Taylor sung for them, so looked it up on “Youtube”
Why? Yet another badass song, amazing song and truly got me it to hard rock.


2 comments:

  1. Wot never liked the Spice Girls (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list dude and a great idea. I don't think I could possibly list 20 songs myself but you did a great job =)

    ReplyDelete