Wednesday 30 November 2011

Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids Poster
I am going to be honest and put this out there, I was quite excited by the prospect of this film, and unfortunately I was deeply disappointed by it. Apparently it was “10/10 Funny”, “The NEW hangover” and “the next best thing since slice bread”. However all of these “statements” are extremely untrue.
Now I don’t know if it was the hype that damaged its ability to please me, but it seriously isn’t funny at all, I know it’s a woman’s film, but I “dig” chick flicks, this just didn’t do it for me.
I can’t even bring myself to say that there are any redeeming qualities about this film, apart from the whole dress fitting scene, which was hysterical but that was it and a film cannot be reviewed in its entirety, fairly by one scene.
So the film is basically about a 30 or 40-something woman who has no prospects in life, she is very bitter and sleeps around with men who are, the stereotypical rich man. However she realised this when her best friend since childhood breaks the news that she is getting married and she wants her to be her maid of honour, this is where you think that its going to get better for her, but no, it gets worse……much worse.
She finds herself an enemy who wishes to be the friend’s maid of honour instead of the main character; this brings about many many awkward situations which are extremely cringe worthy and not funny.
So this is the film in a nut shell, hopefully you will watch it and see for yourself but honestly, don’t be surprised if you don’t find it funny at all. I wouldn’t even call this a review I would call it a slaughtering.
Overall: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment