Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tricorn


I have been waiting for this album for what seems like a millennia, I have heard lots and I mean lots of positive reviews for this self-titled album from “Tricorn”, however I have unfortunately not been able to get my hands on a copy……………Until now!
Simon On Drums!

The band consists of 4 members, Nero – Lead Vocals, Constantine – Lead Guitar, Paxo –Vocals and Rhythm Guitar and finally Simon – Drums, From what I have seen personally they are an extremely close band, a band of brothers you could say, and it shows in their debut album, each one complimenting the other, from Nero’s hard and gravelly vocals, to Paxo and Constantine’s electrifying riffs continuing on with Simon’s pace setting drums. Astonishingly this album took 6 Days to record on tour in Greece, in such a short space of time they have managed to create a solid rock album, in which a lot of bands should take notice of what they have done.

The album itself consists of 8 tracks, in which the pace doesn’t stop, one of the first things I noticed about this album when listening to it, is that they have taken part of modern rock with the vocals and gone back to old school rock with the Riffs and Drumming, My first thought was, “I could really see myself head bang to this”, its one of those albums that you can just let loose and listen to, no over the top vocals with screaming which is incomprehensible, just Pure Stoner Rock, with fantastic accompaniment  from the drumming and real deep, low guitars, it really gives  a gritty feel to the album, Simply put this album is the way rock should be.


Tricorn Album Cover
The track listing goes as follows:
1. Step Outside
2. Give Me Some More
3. Therapist
4. Where Did It Go
5. Life Again
6. Crawl
7. Girl Lets Ride
8. Momentum




My favourite tracks and the ones I think stand out the most are “Step Outside” and “Give Me Some More” and “Girl Lets Ride”. The main reason for this is I believe that  these songs set the tone for the rest of the album and like I said , you get a real good head banging vibe and a let loose feeling come over you when listening to not only these 2 songs, but all of the others too. With some of the songs I felt parts of it were reminiscent with bands like “Queens of the Stone Age” and Legends “Motorhead”, which in turn showed me, that the band has confidence in their own ability and song writing skills.


Mikkey D (Motorhead) with Tricorn Album
 


Overall I believe that this is an excellent start to, hopefully what will prove to be a very long and fruitful career for the quartet, this band is definitely one to watch. I have a funny feeling this could be the start of something very special, especially with a debut as strong as this.


If you feel like contacting the band or even going to one of their shows then feel free to look at their website:


                                                  Tricorn - Give Me Some More (Video)

1 comment: