Friday 20 January 2012

5 Websites That I Couldn’t Do Without.

So with the recent blackout of Wikipedia, I have decided to write an entry to do with websites that I couldn’t do without. Some are buying sites, some are miscellaneous, and it is also going along with things in my life, like my other articles, “10 Films that rocked my world” and “20 Songs that rocked my world”.

Play.com
Why?: Play.com is the most convenient online shop going on the internet, that I have come across, delivery is free even though now they give options for 1st class delivery and specific day delivery. Their prices are cheaper than any other online shop that I have come across, and have never had bad service from them. I would recommend to anyone that wants to buy items for birthdays, Christmas and any other event.
When I Started Using The Site?: 2006

Wikipedia
Why?:  I think pretty much everyone was pretty gutted that Wikipedia wasn’t working on 18th January 2012. I know the students were! Wikipedia is the largest online encyclopedia ever and it is still growing. You will even notice now that they are top of your searches on “Google” and pretty much advertise anywhere and everywhere. For anyone that has a particularly demanding job such as nursing, clinical coding and anything involving multiple amounts of information that have to be researched.
When I Started Using Site?:  2009
URL: en.wikipedia.org  

Online Banking Sites (Various)
Why?: One crucial part of everyone’s daily life is banking (unless  you’re a benefit thief, you never have to worry, unless you get caught). With the option of online banking you can literally do it anywhere. If you want to see how much balance you have before you buy an expensive item, then all you have to do is have an internet enabled phone (most phones these days) and WHAM there it is. Fantastic way of managing your finances on the go, if you have a slight touch of OCD like me or my fiancée with numbers.
When I Started Using The Site?:  2006

Pitch Side Manager
Why?: This website, is very good if your massive or even slightly interested in management football games. This is exactly like “Football Manager” accept it’s a “watered down” version without several of the features and fake player names, `but just as enjoyable and against other real world players. I have got a number of my work colleagues interested in it, even they say that its excellent. It’s a little fun to brighten up my day. Get on there now,
When I Started Using Site?:  2010

The News:
Why?: As much as I dislike living in this city sometimes, I like looking at the local news, simply to keep up to date with current affairs, and its always interesting to look at the jobs that they are putting on the site or in the newspaper. It also helps me to keep up with current affairs at my favourite football club, Portsmouth FC. BLUUUUUUE ARRRRRMY!
When I Started Using Site?: 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment