Sunday 22 January 2012

Peter James - Dead Man's Grip

Peter James - Dead Man's Grip Cover
After giving up on “Stephen King’s The Stand” (500 pages out of 1500) realising that it was just pages of nonsense and pure detail, I decided to go for something a lot simpler, and the next book that I was given to read was this one.
The story is mainly about a woman named Carly, her son Tyler, and Roy Grace a Police officer just wanting his pregnant fiancée to have their baby and him solving the case of 2 brutal murders in Brighton. There are a number of peripheral characters, such as Ricky Giordino, Fernanda Revere, Tony Revere (Crime Family). However the main story is about Carly and 2 other drivers causing the death of a young student, Tony Revere, by knocking him off his bike. What they do not realise is that he was born into a massive crime family similar to the mafia in New York. They hire a Hitman to take out the people involved, its Roy and his team’s job to stop him from succeeding. When Carly realises what happens how far would you go to protect your only son?
(I have literally just looked at the book and realised that this is the seventh in the series, I feel slightly gutted knowing that this is a series, the one thing I can say is that you can just pick it up and read it. From what I have read I don’t think you need to read the other books in the series to catch on.)
So after my recent realisation, it only furthers my current thoughts on this book positively. It is an excellent thriller. Peter James certainly does well in explaining each scene to the best of his ability, and it certainly isn’t over the top like Stephen King.
Overall an excellent book and it just makes me want to read the others now. Get Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment