Friday 29 June 2012

Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter


Abraham Lincoln Poster

When seeing the trailer for this film I was extremely unsure as to whether or not I was going to see the film or not, I finally decided to go and to be honest I was extremely disappointed…………….with the person next to me. This gentleman, (gentleman isn’t really the right word to use for this man, annoyance is probably more like it) decided to talk all the way through it with his chavy loud mouthed girlfriend, while being on his phone, nose-breathing extremely loud and rustling on his extremely large box of popcorn.

As you can you can probably tell I didn’t have the best experience when I went to see this film, I was extremely close to causing some damage to the chair in front or the idiot sat next to me.

Anyway RANT OVER!

Back to the film, from the producers of “WANTED” they have brought a modern twist to Abraham Lincoln’s short life, that he is a vampire hunter (something tells me you already knew this by the title).
Abraham Lincoln is played by Benjamin Walker, who I personally think portrays him excellently; he gives a really good vibe to the role and has a good energy about him. The film shows Abrahams’s rise to fame for being outspoken against slavery, thus him studying to become a lawyer and eventually president, the film very cleverly blends the two elements of this man’s life together, by day he is a lawyer, by night he is a vampire hunter. The day part, I believe is historically accurate which is another rather interesting element to the film.

Like usual I don’t really want to say too much about the film because I think people should go and see it for themselves, it is a very good film of what I saw of it anyway due to the babbling idiot.

The film has a lot of CGI through out, but it isn’t of the rubbish standard which is a good feature.

There are bits of black comedy throughout the film which is a plus, it breaks up the seriousness of the film (yes a vampire film can be serious).

Overall the film is very good and I would recommend people to go and see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment