Sunday 11 September 2011

An Old Review: Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns

A Thousand Suns
Before I start this review, I want everyone to know that I am a hardcore supporter of Linkin Park; they are my all time favourite band.

When I first got this album I was expecting something similar to Hybrid Theory for some peculiar reason, especially how "Minutes to Minute" was in some places a very slow album, however Linkin Park have changed their tune and have evolved in to something more powerful and greater.

Their song writing skills have absolutely hit the heights in this album, when I heard this album for the first time i didnt enjoy it because it wasn't the linkin park i was used to, after some deliberation i decided to relisten to it, after listening to it for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th time, each time it descended upon my ears, i realised something incredible, something i have never realised with an album, THIS IS ART!

From the melodic and deep "Robot Boy" to the more upbeat "Waiting for the End" through to the electrifying and outstanding performance of "Blackout" then to the rapping "Wretches and Kings" all the way to the end with the excellent closing of "The Catalyst", the album is just unbelievable.

The opening speech by Oppenheimer and the haunting voice of the girl that sings about a thousand suns really add to the depth of this album and really give a feel to the album that other has ever had in my opinion.

I really commend linkin park for not being a sell out and commercial band. they have handed us what i truly believe to be, a piece of modern art, this is something that should be praised by critics.

Do not buy this album if you want Nu Metal like their original stuff, its nothing like that, its nothing like anything done before, believe me if you want to take the leap of faith alongside Linkin Park, go ahead because you will be brought into something so surprising, it will just make you happy and smile.

Well Done Linkin Park :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment