Monday 31 October 2011

Bad Teacher

Bad Teacher Poster
So after watching the other two films, I wasn’t expecting much past a normal comedy, however clearly my expectations were clearly too high, and here’s why.
Right from the start, in films like these the main character should be likeable maybe even loveable not damn right annoying like Cameron Diaz in this, rather idiotic film with some characters being realistic and others being down right stupid, in my opinion, if a film isn’t a serious one then all the characters should be, slightly sarcastic and not take each other too seriously, however this film seems to do the complete opposite, which is unfortunate because it could have been a good film with the right casting and the right script and less serious characters.
As I said Cameron Diaz’s character is very annoying, and as she tries so hard to be sexy, it just gets a bit boring and distasteful especially as none of the situations which come to fruition, I am talking from experience as quite a few of my teachers at my school were unfortunately stupid enough to do silly things in school time, however none of the situations posed in this film would go that far.
So let’s move on to Justin Timberlake’s character, well this film gets worse, especially as I have heard a lot of good things about his other roles in films, such as “Alpha Dog”, unfortunately he doesn’t live up to the expectations, now don’t get me wrong I’m not expecting a acting master class on a comedy film, but I don’t expect to cringe every time he reads his lines out in the film.
Before I completely put you off of watching this film I had better explain to you what the film is actually about, well basically, Cameron Diaz plays a teacher whose only objective in life is too get rich, within the first 5 minutes her husband to be dumps her because he knows all she wants is money, so basically she leaves the school that she works in and then she gets dumped by this millionaire. She is then reemployed by the school thus sets the objective of saving up for a boob job, and by now you have probably just realised that you’re so glad that you didn’t waste your time on this, and I hear you say “Is that it, is that all the story is about?” and my reply is “Yes, yes it is” she then proceeds to do many stupid scams to try and save up for this augmentation.
Although this is a short review, I feel that this is all I can do to offer you a fair review on this film; I think if I was to go any further I would truly rip into this sad excuse for Cameron Diaz to get her kit off, which is no more exciting than watching paint dry.
Characters: 2/10
Storyline: 1/10
Soundtrack: N/E (Non-Existent)
Overall: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment