Saturday 15 October 2011

Yellowcard - When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes

When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes
Yellowcard are a very unique rock band with their violin and brilliant guitar work, I have loved their songs ever since I first listened to “Way Away” on “Burnout” (created for the Xbox), I purchased their 4th  album “Ocean Avenue” quite some time ago on a trip to Florida and absolutely loved it, it was very catchy and orientated towards my age group at the time, this is when they hit mainstream success, previously releasing “One for the kids” (2001) “Where we stand” (1999) and “Midget Tossing” (1997).
Now 8 years on, and much critical acclaim they have released “When You’re Through Thinking, Say Yes”, now I have listened and bought all of Yellowcard’s albums proceeding “Ocean Avenue” and have enjoyed them all but not quite as much as I enjoyed this one, I was little bit gutted yesterday when I  found out that this album had been released 7 months ago, and I hadn’t realised as I thought they were still on hiatus, however I am extremely happy with the outcome of the new album.
They have gone back to there roots with their mainstream success with “Ocean Avenue” and have reminded me of a lot of fond memories of my teenage years spent with my best friends listening to this album.
So how are the individual songs, well they are excellent, some of my favourite songs include “The Sound of You and Me” and “Sing for Me”. The album has a very good rhythm and just makes you want to get on your feet and head bang. Ryan Key as usual giving it his all with his vocals, Sean Mackin on the Violin smashing out an amazing tune with this brilliant instrument, Longineu Parsons on the drums, Ryan Mendez on the guitar and finally Sean O’Donnell on the bass, it short they compliment each other excellent and long may they serve the music world with more delights like this.
I would highly recommend this album, it’s absolutely brilliant and just cant wait for their next album.

No comments:

Post a Comment