Friday 21 October 2011

The Green Lantern

Ryan Reynold's In His Comical Suit!
I was undecided whether or not to put this in “Wet Wednesday’s” or the newer film’s section, I think entirely based on the whole film, it might have to be put into “wet wednesday’s” locked up and the key thrown away.
So, I hear your wondering why it’s so awful, well Ryan Reynolds (as much as I love the guy for his roles in other films, but I am really unconvinced he can play a super hero after his outing in X-men) plays Hal Jordan, an over-confident American Air Force Pilot who gets chosen by the ring of the guardians to be a “Green Lantern”. While most of the other “green lanterns” have no belief in Hal’s abilities, he has other ideas, he has his eyes set on the Biggest (Literally) Baddest (Not so much) CGI’ed (Definitely) foe going in the Comic/Film genre (Parallax), along the way Hal has his geekishly male best friend (Taika Waititi) and stunning childhood sweetheart (Blake Lively).
The film is flawed to say the least; the CGI is probably some of the worst I have seen on a $200,000,000 budget, when I first started to watch this film, I thought to myself:
“Is this a kid’s film?!!?!?!” (Yes it is that awful)
The acting is okay, but nothing fantastic and extremely cheesy, it’s like grabbing a slab of Blue Cheese and just biting straight out of it, that’s how cheesy it is.
The ending feels like its just the beginning but in the same token it feels like the film has dragged on forever, and how they gave it a 12 rating I would love to know, maybe it’s the massive green fist that Ryan Reynolds imagines when he wants to hit people.
There is not really much else I can say , apart from ignore, run do what ever you have to do to get away from this shambolic excuse for a super-hero film.
Characters:7/10
Storyline:3/10
Effects: 2/10
Overall:  4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment